The Home Shopping Process
The most important job a Realtor has, is to make the home shopping process pleasant and rewarding for you.
Suzanne will regularly recommend properties for viewing that closely match your needs and wants, and are within your price range. That spares you the frustration of visiting homes that aren’t suitable.
When a desirable property suddenly comes on the market, you’re alerted.
Suzanne helps you schedule viewings that fit your schedule, so there’s little if any inconvenience for you.
Before you view a property, she will provide you with in-depth details on the home, so you can make an informed decision. This includes closing dates, market value, and more. Later, if you have questions, she will have the answers and if she does not, she will get the answers for you.
She will also give you the scoop on the neighbourhood, so you get a clear sense of what an area is like in terms of lifestyle, safety, schools, etc.
When you find a property you like, she will give you her honest, professional recommendation as to how well the home meets your needs and wants. You won’t have to make such an important decision without her expert advice, however at the end, it will be your decision.
As your real estate broker, Suzanne is committed to getting you into the right home, and she will be with you every step of the way.
What to Look for when Viewing a Property
Here are a few questions and ideas to consider when viewing homes to help make the process easier and more productive:
- Does the home have your “needs” features (those features you must have)? (For example, number of bedrooms, closet space, kitchen size, etc.)
- Does the home have any of your “wants” features (those features you’d like to have but would be willing to forgo)? (For example, large backyard deck, spacious family room, etc.)
- What is the general condition of the home? (Are there signs that the owners have kept up with repairs and maintenance?)
- Will the home need any major repairs, remodeling or renovations? Is there anything, such as the furnace, that may need to be replaced soon?
- What do you like most about the home?
- Is there anything about the home you don’t like? Can that be changed with a remodeling or renovation now or in the future?
- Take a walk around the neighbourhood. Are the homes well-kept, indicating pride of ownership?
- Do you like where the home is situated in the neighbourhood?
- Does the neighbourhood have what you want? (For example, access to public transit, shopping, local parks, etc.)
Ready to get started? Call or email and let her know more about the kind of home you’re looking for. Or, submit the form below and she will get back to you.