Preparing the Offer
When you view a home on the market that you really want, you can hardly wait to be handed the keys. In fact, you may worry that the property will somehow slip through your fingers. Don’t be. You’ve got an expert by your side. Suzanne
The first step is preparing the Offer. This is the document she presents to the seller that basically states the price you’re offering, as well as any conditions.
The price you go in with is critical. You want it to reflect the true market value of the property so the seller will take your offer seriously. On the other hand, you don’t want to go in too high and risk overpaying for the home.
How the Process Works
When you decide to make an offer on a home, here’s what typically happens:
- Suzanne will recommend a price that has the best chance of being accepted by the seller, without over-paying for the home.
- Obviously, sellers prefer offers that have no conditions. However, she may suggest a condition, such as passing a professional home inspection, be included for your protection.
- Suzanne will prepare the necessary documents and present your offer to the seller and his or her real estate agent personally.
- If the offer isn’t accepted, or if the seller makes a counter-offer, she will work with the seller’s agent, skillfully negotiating on your behalf to make a deal.
- She will communicate with you throughout the entire process. You’re never in the dark when you work with her.
- Once the seller agrees to a deal, she will help lead you through removal of any conditions and closing the deal. Then, the home is yours. Congratulations!
Suzanne realizes that making an offer can seem like the nail-biting part of the process. It doesn’t have to be. That’s the advantage of selecting a real estate broker who puts clients first. When you go after a property you really want, its nice to take comfort in knowing you have an expert on your side… someone who knows how to get that home for you.
Have questions about making an offer? Please submit the form below or call or email Suzanne.